Given that download speeds before the upgrade were in the range of 1 to 3mbps ... this is truly transformational:
- My wife works from home occasionally across a typical Virtual Private Network and has struggled in the past with speed. Access to corporate systems based in the US is now faster at home than when she is in the office.
- A neighbor was still not completely convinced about the upgrade until they missed a show and the was able to stream the catch up version without waiting for hours. They are now convinced.
- I did a stress test where I ran three video streams, an audio stream, and did a 100gb download, all with no discernible impact on each other.
- The Waitrose ordering website is running faster than ever as well! Which is good since whoever programmed it obviously did not care about those of us with crappy Internet connections. It took me a good 15 minutes less to do this weeks order than it did for last weeks.
- Over the weekend my wife and I watched a movie on our Apple TV device. Normally we would have had to start the download days in advance. This weekend we streamed HD in real time.
Superfast Broadband rocks.