Further to your recent email regarding private funding to enable Littlewick Green PCP 9 and following internal assessment with Openreach please find gap funded initial pricing for enablement of Littlewick Green PCP 9 for Fibre Broadband which is excluded from our 2.5bn Commercial Deployment which is due for completion in Spring 2014.
The cost of the work for the provision of Fibre Broadband (provision of Customer Network Services) for Littlewick Green PCP 9 will be £54,946 exclusive of VAT. Please note this is a Gap funded estimate only (subject to fibre capacity at the exchange) and a formal quotation and survey outcome will need to be issued prior to any formal contractual agreement between the local Community (legal Entity) and Openreach.
Openreach will require a legal Entity (e.g. Residents Group or Developer) to contract with Openreach and will require 50% of funding to be provided on contract signature and the remaining 50% on completion of works (the final 50% triggers the cabinet being available for Communication Providers to offer service). This will be to provide Infrastructure to enable Littlewick Green PCP 9 for Fibre Broadband only.
- Littlewick Green PCP 9 and any infrastructure provided will remain property of BT and will form part of the BT estate.
- BT will assume all future management and network upgrades as part of its responsibility one the cabinet is upgraded
- A Fibre Broadband service will need to be purchased by individuals from an ISP providing Fibre Broadband once the PCP is available
- Availability of a Fibre Broadband service is also dependent on line distances from the enabled cabinet Littlewick Green PCP 9 Please note this is based on Private Funding (excluding any local authority funds which would require formal procurement and State Aid approval)
- Should the community of Littlewick Green PCP 9 contribute to the funding of the cabinets it is their responsibility to check that their existing ISP offers fibre broadband. Current providers offering the service are regularly updated at the following website: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/for-business/buy-it- now.aspx
- Whilst unable to take into account external factors such as power provision, the typical timeline for such deployments is approximately between seven and nine months.
- It is also assumed that the new cabinet will be located on public land. Should it be that the cabinet will need to be sited on private land, the cost of any possible ongoing wayleaves agreements would be in addition to the cabinet costs
Anyone have 54K quid lying about?